Mark your calendar for this year’s series of educational seminars and come join us for one or for all, beginning February through September.
Each session will last approximately one hour and will feature a variety of public safety topics including an update on the latest frauds and scams, home security and vehicle burglary prevention tips, and what you should do if you find yourself involved in an active shooter situation. You will also have an opportunity to “get to know your LCSO” as members of our specialty law enforcement units share valuable information about the inner-workings of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office. Meet our four-footed law enforcement partners, learn about traffic laws and the techniques used to control traffic, and learn how our dive team members conduct crime scene investigations underwater.
- February 7th – Frauds, Scams, and Card Skimmers Oh My!
- February 28th – Traffic Unit – Can you turn right on a red arrow?
- March 7th – Take a virtual tour of the jail
- March 28th – Vehicle Burglary and Theft – Is your vehicle a target?
- April 4th – Personal Safety – at home and away
- April 25th – Dive Team – CSI under water
- May 2nd – Internet Safety for Seniors
- May 30th – Aviation – How criminals are found from the air
- June 6th – Active Shooter for the Community – what should you do?
- June 27th – Agriculture Unit – How do they protect the animals?
- July 25th – ID Theft – How vulnerable are you?
- August 1st – SS Benefits Hacking – Are your benefits safe?
- August 29th – Home Improvement Fraud – What you need to know
- September 5th – Residential Security – Are you a target for a burglar?
- September 26th – Cell Dogs – Meet the dogs and learn how they are trained
All seminars will be held at the United Healthcare Medicare Store located at 6900 Daniels Parkway, Unit 23-C in the Daniels Crossing Shopping Center (at the corner of Daniels Parkway and Six Mile Cypress). Seating is limited, so reserve yours today by calling 239-561-9142. All sessions begin at 10:00am.