Lee County has announced evacuations planned for Friday. Mandatory evacuation orders will be issued tomorrow morning for:
-Barrier islands including Bonita Beach, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Captiva, and Pine Island
-Mobile and manufactured homes in Lee County
The following shelters will be open for evacuees at 9 a.m. Friday:
- East Lee County High School, 715 Thomas Sherwin Ave., Lehigh Acres
- Varsity Lakes Middle School, 801 Gunnery Road., Lehigh Acres
- Harns Marsh Middle School, 1820 Unice Ave. N., Lehigh Acres
- Oak Hammock Middle School, 5321 Tice St., Fort Myers
- Island Coast High School, 2125 De Navarra Pkwy., Cape Coral
- South Ft. Myers High School, 14020 Plantation Road., Fort Myers
- Estero Rec Center, 9200 Corkscrew Palms Road., Estero
Tolls at Lee County’s three bridges – Midpoint, Cape Coral and Sanibel Causeway – are suspended until further notice.
Media attending the 4 p.m. briefing are asked to be at the EOC by 3:45 p.m.