Lee County residents with losses due to Hurricane Irma are now eligible for Federal Disaster Assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA.
Impacted residents can go to DisasterAssistance.gov to register today.
If unable to register online, or through the FEMA App. please call 800-621-FEMA (3362)
Applicants will need the following to apply:
- Social Security Number
- Daytime telephone number
- Current mailing address and address and zip code of the damaged property
- Private insurance information, if available.
By registering for federal assistance on www.DisasterAssistance.gov residents will be able to:
- Look up an address to find out if it is in a disaster area declared for Individual Assistance.
- Check the status of an application and get updates by SMS or email.
- Upload documents to support the application.
When an applicant registers, each receives a unique registration number. The registration number is important and should be written down and kept handy. Anyone who does not have a registration number is not yet registered.
Another option for individuals, including those who use 711 relay or VRS, is to call
1-800-621-FEMA (3362) while those who use TTY can call 1-800-46207585. The toll-free numbers will operate from 7am-11pm EDT seven days a week until further notice.
Information provided by Lee County Emergency Management